Nick’s practice focuses primarily on environmental matters, including matters arising under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensatory and Liability Act (CERCLA) and Washington’s Model Toxics Control Act (MTCA). He also represents Indian Tribes in matters involving environmental and natural resource issues and has extensive civil litigation experience.
Nick is additionally experienced in representing clients in regulatory actions brought by the State. He has also helped clients successfully navigate state regulatory and federal grand jury investigations.
Nick received his B.S. from University of Michigan in 2003, his M.P.A. from Columbia University in 2004 and his J.D., summa cum laude, from Seattle University School of Law in 2009.
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association, Environmental and Land Use Section
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law
- M.P.A., Columbia University
- B.S., University of Michigan
- Presenter, “The Culvert’s Case: The Power of Treaty Rights," Tribal Environmental Seminar for Tribal Leaders, Tribal Environment Program Managers & In-house Counsel, Seattle, Washington, March 2019
- Co-Presenter, “How Tribes Can Use Citizen Suits and Other Laws to Preserve and Protect the Health and Quality of the Reservation,” Tribal Lands and Environment Forum: A National Conversation on Tribal Land and Water Resources, Spokane, Washington, August 2018
- Co-Presenter, "How Environmental Citizen Suits can be Used to Protect Tribal Interests and the Role of SLAPP Counterclaims," Seminar for Tribal Leaders, Tribal Environment Program Managers & In-house Counsel, Seattle, Washington, March 2018
- Presenter, "The Administrative Hearing Process and the Role of the Tribal Court Investigation," Seminar for Tribal Leaders, Tribal Environment Program Managers & In-house Counsel, Seattle, Washington, April 2017
- Co-Presenter, "The Hostile State Part 2 - Tribes Need to Protect their Interests and Build Litigation Quality Administrative Records to Support EPA Approval of Tribal Authority under Federal Law," Seminar for Tribal Leaders, Tribal Environmental Program Managers & In-house Counsel, Seattle, Washington, March 2016
- Presenter, "Developing a Comprehensive Tribal Remedial Response and Natural Resource Assessment Strategy," Tribal Lands and Environment Forum, Minneapolis, Minnesota, August 2015
- Washington State Recycling Association, Member
- Recognized as a Washington "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2016 - present