Scott likes to make things work. For over 40 years he has worked with local governments of all sizes to improve their processes and assist them through difficult situations. He has represented governmental entities at every level of the court system from municipal court through the United States Supreme Court.
In the area of labor and personnel, he assists clients with grievance and arbitration resolution and contract negotiation. Scott has practiced before both the National Labor Relations Board and Washington’s Public Employment Relations Commission. He has served as counsel to and as Hearing Officer for numerous Washington Cities.
Scott has assisted Washington cities with ethics investigations and regularly performs training for the Washington Cities Insurance Authority. Scott enjoys helping local government entities resolve conflicts within their organization conflict resolution in the belief that training and mediation, rather than the cost of litigation best serves the taxpayers’ interests.
Scott is also an active part of our telecommunications practice. He has worked with local governments to respond to the many challenges posed by 5G deployment and responses to the Federal Communication Commission’s recent orders
- Bar of the United States Supreme Court
- Washington State Bar Association (Member, Labor Sections)
- Washington State Association of Municipal Attorneys
- Missouri Bar Association (Member, Committee on Public Law)
- Missouri Municipal Attorney's Association
- National Institute of Municipal Legal Officers
- American Bar Association (Member, Labor Committee)
- King County Bar Association
- J.D., University of Missouri School of Law
- B.A., Dartmouth College
- Mediation Certification, University of Washington School of Law
- Alki Foundation's Political Involvement Institute - Graduate
- Disciplinary Proceedings - Washington State Bar Association - Special Prosecutor
- Washington State Bar Association - Mediator
- Washington State Association of Municipal Attorneys - Board Member
- Washington State Association of Municipal Attorneys - President (2015 - 2016)
- 2014 Outstanding Service Award from Washington State Association of Municipal Attorneys
- Martindale-Hubbell AV rated
- Recognized as a Washington "Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers Magazine, 1999