Paul is a member of the firm's corporate & transactions department. Paul’s practice focuses on domestic and international tax planning and trusts and estates. He counsels clients on tax, trusts and estates, wealth preservation, business succession, expatriation, and pre-immigration planning.
Paul regularly helps clients evaluate and implement structures for domestic and international transactions, mergers and acquisitions, tax efficiency, asset protection, wealth transfer, and transfer tax minimization. Paul advises clients on trusts and estates matters, including international estate planning and dynasty trusts, and serves as a trusted advisor to families and business owners. He also defends taxpayers in IRS and state tax controversies.
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- LL.M. in Taxation, New York University School of Law
- J.D., Boston University School of Law
- B.S., University of Montana
- Co-Author, FATCA in Canada: Analyzing the Canadian Implementing Legislation’s Restriction on the Class of Entities Subject to FATCA, 62:3 Canadian Tax Journal 587 (2014)
- Co-Author, Leaked and Buried – Canada Puts FATCA Deal at Risk, 74 Tax Notes Int’l 10 (Apr. 7, 2014)