Janet has earned the recognition and respect of her clients and communities during her 40+ years as a member of the Washington State Bar Association. Janet is a Member in the Bellevue office of OMW, where she exclusively represents clients in the areas of estate planning, probate administration, taxation and planned charitable giving. Janet works with clients to find innovative solutions to reduce their estate and gift tax liability, while taking into consideration the clients' personal wishes, family needs and philanthropic goals.
Janet finds her passion through philanthropic work and is a founding member of the Ripple Giving Fund, a U.S. based donor advised fund that partners with NGOs throughout India which support at risk young women and children, with the goal of ending human trafficking, child marriage and forced labor. She, along with her fellow Ripple members, will take her 7th trip to India this winter to visit the various projects that Ripple supports.
In her free time, you can find Janet with her husband and growing family, especially playing with her five grandsons.
- Washington State Bar Association
- WSBA Sections:
- Real Property, Property and Trust; Former Executive Committee Member
- Taxation Section
- WSBA Sections:
- Seattle Estate Planning Council
- Washington Women in Tax
- LL.M (Taxation) from New York University Law School, 1986
- Law degree from Willamette Law School (Managing Editor, Law Review), 1980
- Bachelor's degree from Wellesley College,magna cum laude,1977
- Founding Member of the Ripple Giving Fund
- Shadhika Foundation, Former Chair
- Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, Former Board Member, and Former Chair of Endowment Committee
- Founding Member, Women’s Endowment Foundation of Jewish Federation
- Jewish Family Service, Former Board Member
- Kline Galland Center, Former Board Member
- Hillel at University of Washington, Former Board Member and Member of Endowment Committee
- Stroum Jewish Community Center, Former Board Member
- Super Lawyers, 2005-2007, 2010-2023
- Cardoza Society L’Dor V’Dor Award Recipient, 2021
- Jewish Federation Young Leadership Award Recipient, 1988