Dave Schoolcraft is Co-Chair of the firm’s Health Care Group with a practice focusing on health care and information technology.
Dave represents health care organizations on a wide range of corporate and regulatory matters, focusing on affiliations, joint ventures, managed care contracting networks such as clinically-integrated networks (CINs) and accountable care organizations (ACOs), and other health reform initiatives and alignment strategies. Dave provides corporate transactional and health care regulatory counseling for these projects.
Dave provides counsel to hospitals, physician groups, health information networks, and software companies on strategies involving the use of information technology, including structuring technology initiatives, contract negotiation, and technology implementation issues. He has a national practice negotiating complex health information technology arrangements including those involving electronic health records. Dave also works extensively on legal issues related to HIPAA and health information exchange including organizational governance, data security, and privacy compliance matters. He is a frequent author and lecturer on health information technology and data privacy and security issues.
Dave is licensed to practice in Washington and Oregon and is a member of the King County and Washington State Bar Associations, the Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys, the Healthcare Information Management and Systems Society and the American Health Lawyers Association.
Dave received his bachelor’s degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Washington. He received his law degree, cum laude, from Seattle University, where he was an associate editor of the Law Review.
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Healthcare Information Management and Systems Society
- American Health Lawyers Association
- J.D., Seattle University, cum laude
- B.A., University of Washington, magna cum laude
- Interview with David Schoolcraft: BAAs and Beyond: Meeting the September 22 HIPAA Deadline
- HHS Releases Updates to HIPAA Rules
- OIG Approves Electronic Interface Arrangement
- Impact of “Big Data” in Health Care
- Health Data Privacy Protections to Increase
- HIPAA Breach Notification — Compliance Action Plan