Sam helps businesses grow, access capital, acquire adjacent businesses, dispose of unneeded assets, and plan for exits. In practice, Sam emphasizes listening closely to clients and works with them to develop strategies that fit their specific needs.
Sam has considerable Mergers & Acquisitions experience working with privately held businesses, private equity firms, real estate owners, medical organizations, hospitality companies, and technology startups. In addition to assisting clients with Mergers & Acquisitions, Sam frequently assists companies with operating structures, business agreements, governance, regulatory issues and tax. In addition to being a skilled attorney, Sam is also a licensed Certified Public Accountant.
Sam is well aware of the intricacies of owning a closely held business. He often works with closely held business owners who have a long-term vision for their business and family. Sam assists such business owners with succession planning, planning for exits, and transferring wealth to later generations.
Outside of work, Sam enjoys investing, being out in nature, and spending time with family.
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington State Society of CPAs
- LL.M., University of Washington School of Law
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law
- B.A., University of Washington Foster School of Business, Accounting
- Golden Gate University, Adjunct Professor — Advanced Federal Income Taxation
Professional and Community Activities
- Washington State Bar Association — Taxation Section, Communications Chair
- Seattle Tennis Club, Finance Committee Member
- Boy Scouts of America, Chief Seattle Council and Committee Member