Leslie Pesterfield’s practice emphasizes all aspects of taxation, including federal income, estate and gift, and state and local. His practice varies from planning tax-saving alternatives to defending taxpayers before both the IRS and the Washington Department of Revenue. His practice also emphasizes advising startup businesses, real estate sales and acquisitions, business structuring, including corporate, partnership and limited liability company formations and mergers and acquisitions. His work involves a variety of clientele, ranging from individuals to closely held corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies to Fortune 500 and multinational companies.
Leslie is a Distinguished Adjunct Professor in Golden Gate University’s Graduate Tax Program and has frequently lectured on a variety of tax and business planning issues.
Leslie is a Certified Public Accountant, has a Master of Laws in Taxation (LL.M.) from New York University, is an active member of the Washington Society of CPAs, the Washington State Bar, the Oregon State Bar and the Seattle Estate Planning Council. He is a member of the Taxation Sections of the Washington State Bar, Oregon State Bar and American Bar Associations.
Leslie was born in Portland, Oregon in 1964. He received a B.S.B.A. in accounting from Walla Walla College in 1987, a J.D. from the University of Oregon in 1991 and an LL.M. in Taxation from New York University in 1992.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Washington Society of CPAs
- LL.M., New York University, Taxation
- J.D., University of Oregon School of Law
- B.S., B.A., Walla Walla College
Professional and Community Activities
- Distinguished Adjunct Professor Golden Gate University M.S. Taxation Program: Tax Research and Decision Making S Corporations and LLCs and Taxation of Partners and Partnerships
- Seattle Estate Planning Council, 2005, Chair of LLCs, LLPs & S Corporations: Selected Issues and Opportunities
- WSCPA - IRS Joint Continuing Professional Education
Employment Dispute Settlements And Awards Are Taxable; IRS Withholding Provisions ApplyLeslie Pesterfield05/13/2014Employment and Labor
Tax-Exempt Hospitals: IRS Issues Proposed Regs Under IRC 501(r) Regarding Community Health Needs AssessmentsLeslie Pesterfield05/06/2013Healthcare Tax
State Insurance Exchanges & Employer Tax PenaltiesLeslie R. Pesterfield10/10/2012Healthcare
- "Annual Golden Gate University 2009 Update and Developments Seminar" (2010)
- "Tax Issues For Business Transations: The Lawyers Toolbox" (2009)
- "American Society of Women Accountants Northwest Regional Conference: Going Against the Trend and Electing Subchapter S: When Good Tax Planning Means Breaking Ranks With the Herd" (2009)
- "WSCPA/IRS Joint Seminar: If Only They Would Talk To Me: Why A Perfectly Fine State Law Merger Leads to a Not So Perfectly Fine Federal Tax Mess" (2008)
- "Golden Gate University Expert Lecture Series: Partnership Tax Update" (2008)
- "Golden Gate University Expert Lecture Series: Partnership Tax Update - Challenge Quiz" (2008)
- "WSCPA/IRS Joint Seminar: Mixing Bowl Transactions: That's Too Cold, That's Too Hot, and What's Just Right?" (2007)
- "WSCPA/IRS Joint Seminar: Partnership Interests Issued in Return for Services: IRS Reinvents the Wheel" (2006)
- "WSCPA/IRS Joint Seminar: Self Employment Tax: A Practitioner's Viewpoint" (2005)
- "WSCPA/IRS Joint Seminar: Converting LLCs/LLPs to S Corporations" (2005)
- "WSCPA/IRS Joint Seminar: Choice of Entity Revisited (helping clients make an informed decision in choosing between S Corporations and LLCs/LLPs)" (2005)