Bruce McDermott is a Member of the firm’s Litigation Department. Bruce’s litigation practice encompasses many areas, especially trust and estates litigation, but also commercial litigation and intellectual property. His intellectual property experience involves litigation in patent, trademark, copyright, and trade dress infringement. Bruce has also litigated many cases on the appellate level before the Federal Circuit Court in Washington, D.C., the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the Washington State Court of Appeals and Supreme Court.
Prior to joining OMW, Bruce was a Principal at Foster Garvey PC.
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School
- B.A., Amherst College
- Speaker, Estate Planning Seminar: Who Can Fill Your Shoes? Garvey Schubert Barer, 2010.
- Speaker, "The Art of the Deposition: How to Prepare Yourself When Your Estate Planning Documents are Being Challenged," Advising Estate Planning and Probate Clients, Washington State Bar Association, 2009.
- Speaker, Aging Well: Planning for Common Aging Issues. Garvey Schubert Barer, 2009.
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bar Association, Patent, Trademark and Copyright Section, Member.
- American Business Trial Lawyers Association, Member.
- Washington State Bar Association, Real Property and Estates Section, Member.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers for Commercial Litigation, 2010.