Tara is an attorney in the firm’s Litigation Department and its Employment and Labor Group. A substantial portion of her practice is devoted to conducting workplace investigations for both public and private sector employers. Tara holds a Private Investigator license and an Association of Workplace Investigators (AWI) Certificate, an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited certificate. She has conducted over 50 workplace investigations on a wide variety of subjects including protected class discrimination, sexual harassment, unprofessional and hostile conduct, retaliation and ethics violations. Many of Tara’s investigations have involved public officials, providing her with a heightened awareness of the unique challenges that can arise in such matters.
Before joining Ogden Murphy Wallace, Tara practiced law at two other Seattle law firms, clerked for four judges at the Washington State Court of Appeals, Division One, and worked as a trial consultant on dozens of complex, high-stakes, litigation matters. This experience gives her a unique perspective on how litigation and employment issues can play out in a courtroom and the skills to help clients resolve their legal problems in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Co-Author, “When to Investigate Workplace Issues,” King County Bar Association Bar News, 2019
- Co-Author, “Update Your Honorific for Holiday Greetings and Beyond” (re: laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of gender identity or expression), King County Bar Association Bar News, 2018
- Association of Workplace Investigators
- King County Bar Association - Appellate and Labor & Employment Sections
- Washington State Bar Association - Litigation Section
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers - Employment Section
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- B.A., Western Washington University
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers - Amicus Committee (Present)
- Pacific Northwest Network of Forensic Expert Witnesses - Executive Committee (Present)
- Community & Parents for Public Schools of Seattle - Advisory Board of Directors (2011-Present)
- Children’s Trust Foundation - Board of Directors (2009-2011)
- King County Bar Association - Criminal Sentencing Reform Committee (1999-2001)