Lee is a member in the firm’s Business practice area, where she focuses her practice on healthcare, healthcare information technology, and general business and corporate matters. She enjoys working with her clients in a collaborative manner to understand their goals while striving to deliver quality and value for each client.
Lee’s healthcare practice focuses on:
- Hospital and physician contracting
- Fraud and abuse
- Privacy and security compliance
- Public hospital district issues
- Professional and facility licensing
- Medical staff issues
- Real estate
- Employment matters
- Board governance and compliance
- Acquisitions, affiliations and strategic partnerships
Lee’s health information technology experience includes:
- Negotiating contracts for electronic health records
- Software licensing
- Data breaches and incident response
- Data hosting services
- Health information exchange systems
In Lee’s general business practice, she assists clients in matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate formation and governance, real estate transactions, technology licensing and contract negotiation.
Lee is a frequent speaker on the topics of data privacy and security, fraud and abuse matters, and board governance and compliance.
Lee received a B.A. in Philosophy from Stanford University. She received her law degree from Seattle University School of Law, where she served as Managing Editor of the Seattle University Law Review. During law school, Lee also served as an extern at the University of Washington Health Sciences Division of the Washington Attorney General’s Office. Prior to law school, Lee worked as a consultant working primarily with healthcare clients.
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society
- Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Washington Health Care Risk Management Society
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law
- B.A., Stanford University, Philosophy
- Speaker, Board Compliance Education. Client Board retreat, March 2020.
- Co-Presenter, Risk Considerations for Boards from Insurance and Legal Perspectives. Washington State Hospital Association Governance Education Day, October 2019.
- Speaker, HIPAA Training for Hospital Clinic Staff. Client, July 2019.
- Co-Speaker, Healthcare Compliance: How Effective Is Your Compliance Program? Client Conference, June 2019.
- Speaker, HIPAA Audits and How To Be Prepared. Client Conference, October 2016.
- Co-Speaker, Managing Privacy & Security in a Small Town Setting. HFMA Spring Conference, May 2016.
- Co-Speaker, Telemedicine and Delegated Credentialing. Washington Association Medical Staff Services Annual Conference, May 2014.
- Co-Presenter, Top Five Compliance Issues Facing Healthcare. Washington Healthcare Risk Management Society, January 2014.
- Speaker, HIPAA HITECH Act. Multiple Clients, 2013.
- Washington State Bar Association - Health Law Section - Chair (2017-2018); Executive Committee Member (2014-present)
- Legal Voice - Nominating Committee (2017-present); Board of Directors (2008-2014)
- Washington Medical-Legal Partnership - Advisory Board Chair (2017-present); Advisory Board Member (2015-present)
- Emergency Rulemaking Amends Single-Bed Certification Rules Lee Wen Kuo 09/29/2014 Healthcare
- Washington Supreme Court Bans “Psychiatric Boarding” Lee W. Kuo 08/11/2014 Healthcare
- AMA Adopts Telemedicine Guidelines Lee W. Kuo 06/26/2014 Healthcare
- Upcoming HIPAA Audits Will Include Business Associates Lee Wen Kuo 03/05/2014 Healthcare
- 2013: A Critical Year for Medicare Incentive Programs Lee W. Kuo 04/15/2013 Healthcare
- Supervision Levels for Certain Hospital Outpatient Therapeutic Services Lee W. Kuo 10/19/2012 Healthcare
- Recent CMS Guidance Allows Non-Medical Staff Practitioners To Order Hospital Outpatient Services Lee W. Kuo 03/01/2012 Healthcare
- CMS Not Making Changes to Current EMTALA Policies or Regulations Lee W. Kuo 02/10/2012 Healthcare
- CMS Releases Proposed Rules for Accountable Care Organizations Lee W. Kuo 02/08/2012 Healthcare
- ACO Fraud and Abuse Law Waivers Lee W. Kuo 02/08/2012 Healthcare
- Final Physician Supervision Rules for Hospital Outpatient Therapeutic and Diagnostic Services for CY 2010 Lee W. Kuo 12/02/2009 Healthcare
- Health Law Update – February 2009 Lee W. Kuo 02/18/2009 Healthcare