Lee is a member in the firm’s Business practice area, where she focuses her practice on healthcare, information technology, and general business and corporate matters. She enjoys working with her clients in a collaborative manner to understand their goals while striving to deliver quality and value for each client.
Lee’s healthcare practice focuses on:
- Hospital and physician contracting
- Fraud and abuse
- Privacy and security compliance
- Public hospital district issues
- Professional and facility licensing
- Medical staff issues
- Real estate
- Employment matters
- Board governance and compliance
- Acquisitions, affiliations and strategic partnerships
Lee’s information technology experience includes:
- Electronic health records systems
- Software licensing
- Data breaches and incident response
- Data hosting services
- Health information exchange systems
In Lee’s general business practice, she assists clients in matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate formation and governance, real estate transactions, technology licensing and contract negotiation.
Lee is a frequent speaker on the topics of data privacy and security, information technology issues, fraud and abuse matters, and board governance and compliance.
Lee received a B.A. in Philosophy from Stanford University. She received her law degree from Seattle University School of Law, where she served as Managing Editor of the Seattle University Law Review. During law school, Lee also served as an extern at the University of Washington Health Sciences Division of the Washington Attorney General’s Office. Prior to law school, Lee worked as a consultant working primarily with healthcare clients.
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society
- Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Washington Health Care Risk Management Society
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law
- B.A., Stanford University, Philosophy
- Co-Presenter, Negotiating Health IT Contracts: Risks, Opportunities, and Other Considerations for Health Care Organizations. WSBA Health Law Section, September 2022.
- Speaker, Board Compliance Education. Client Board retreat, March 2020.
- Co-Presenter, Risk Considerations for Boards from Insurance and Legal Perspectives. Washington State Hospital Association Governance Education Day, October 2019.
- Speaker, HIPAA Training for Hospital Clinic Staff. Client, July 2019.
- Co-Speaker, Healthcare Compliance: How Effective Is Your Compliance Program? Client Conference, June 2019.
- Speaker, HIPAA Audits and How To Be Prepared. Client Conference, October 2016.
- Co-Speaker, Managing Privacy & Security in a Small Town Setting. HFMA Spring Conference, May 2016.
- Co-Speaker, Telemedicine and Delegated Credentialing. Washington Association Medical Staff Services Annual Conference, May 2014.
- Co-Presenter, Top Five Compliance Issues Facing Healthcare. Washington Healthcare Risk Management Society, January 2014.
- Speaker, HIPAA HITECH Act. Multiple Clients, 2013.
•Washington Medical-Legal Partnership - Advisory Board Chair (2017-present); Advisory Board Member (2015-present)
• Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys – Board of Directors (2019-present); Co-Editor, WSSHA Health Law Manual (2019-present)
• Washington State Bar Association - Health Law Section - Chair (2017-2018); Executive Committee Member (2014-2020)
• Legal Voice - Nominating Committee (2017-2019); Board of Directors (2008-2014)