Erin is a Member in the Wenatchee office, where her practice emphasizes general litigation, employment & labor law, and land use & water law. Prior to joining Ogden Murphy Wallace, Erin clerked for the Honorable Rex Armstrong on the Oregon Court of Appeals and practiced as a civil rights and employment litigator in Portland, Oregon. She graduated from the Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William & Mary. During law school, Erin was awarded the 2005 Gambrell Professionalism Award by the law school faculty.
Erin is licensed to practice law in Oregon and Washington. Erin is a licensed Private Investigator in the state of Washington and regularly conducts workplace investigations involving complaints of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation for a variety of public and private clients. Erin also conducts Title IX investigations for colleges and universities.
Erin counsels public and private employers on all matters relating to employment and labor law. She works collaboratively with HR managers and executives to meet client needs and ensure compliance with the ever-shifting laws and regulations that apply to Washington and Oregon workplaces. She often provides management and employment law training for her clients.
Erin is an active member of the Wenatchee Valley community, serving as the Legislative/ Diversity Director for the Apple Valley Human Resources Association, the Past President of the Wenatchee Sunrise Rotary Club, a former member of the City of Wenatchee’s Diversity Advisory Council, current board member of the Chelan-Douglas Volunteer Attorney Services, and President of the Chelan-Douglas Bar Association from 2021 to 2022.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
- U.S. District Courts (Oregon, Eastern & Western Washington)
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- J.D., Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William & Mary
- B.A., University of Virginia
- Apple Valley Human Resources Association - Legislative/Diversity Director
- City of Wenatchee Diversity Advisory Council - Former Member
- Wenatchee Sunrise Rotary - Past President
- Chelan-Douglas Volunteer Attorney Services – Board Member
- Chelan-Douglas Bar Association – President 2021-2022
- Here’s what the Legislature’s Hirst Fix Means Erin McCool 02/01/2018 General
- Employers Should Take Steps to Prevent Sexual Harassment Erin McCool and Gil Sparks 12/03/2017 Employment and Labor
- Employee Cell Phone Use for Work Could Mean Overtime Erin McCool 10/01/2017 Employment and Labor
- Equal Pay Act Puts Legal Burden on Employers Erin McCool 07/02/2017 Employment and Labor
- Prepare for Changes to the State Law Regarding Sick Leave Gil Sparks and Erin McCool 01/31/2017 Employment and Labor
- New FLSA Rule Increases Eligibility for Overtime Payments Julie Norton and Erin McCool 06/06/2016 Employment and Labor