Christina’s clients know she is prepared to work hand-in-hand with them, every step of the way. Christina is ready, willing and able to help, whether it is securing a guardianship for their disabled or elderly family member, end of life planning, or making sure that a loved one’s estate is handled properly. Prior to entering law school, Christina worked as a geriatric nurse practitioner for many years and co-wrote the book, Case Studies in Geriatric Medicine. Hospitals, agencies and individuals serving the elderly and disabled know that her experience and care for the elderly and disabled are invaluable.
Prior to entering private practice, she completed clerkships with both an appellate judge and a bankruptcy judge, honing her skills and getting to experience the behind the scenes working of a courtroom. Christina's clerkships were invaluable in teaching her how to look at both sides of a matter and from a judge’s perspective. This helps her clients in determining the most effective course of action both inside and outside of courtroom.
Her of counsel status allows her to focus on the areas of law she loves, helping people both inside and outside the office. A sought-after speaker and consultant, she frequently teaches professionally and, in the community, concerning guardianship and all aspects of elder law. She is a board member of Tierra Village, an agency serving developmentally disabled adults and a member of the Advisory Council for Upper Valley Cares, that provides mental health services to those in need. Additionally, she was named Attorney of the Month by Chelan Douglas Counties Volunteer Services in June 2019.
In her free time, Christina walks her Siberian Husky on the Apple Capital Loop Trail in East Wenatchee and dances hula with her kumu (teacher) and hula sisters in Leavenworth.
- Washington State Bar Association (Health Law, Elder Law and Debtor-Creditor Sections)
- American Bar Association (Health Law, Real Property, Trust and Estates Sections)
- Washington Association of Professional Guardians
- Health Law Certificate Program, Seattle University School of Law
- Certified Professional Guardian, Washington State Supreme Court
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law
- M.S.N., Seton Hall University
- M.S./R.N., Pace University
- B.S., Montclair State University
- Speaker, POLST: Physician’s Order for Life-Sustaining Treatment, Ambitions of Washington, Inc., 2020.
- Speaker, Guardianship Issues in Eastern Washington, Washington Health Care Risk Management Society, 2019
- Speaker, Here Comes the Uniform Guardianship, Conservatorship, and Other Protective Arrangements Act, Chelan Douglas Volunteer Attorney Services CLE Blitz, 2019
- Speaker, The Right of Association: Threading the Needle Between Safety and Access, NCW Statewide Guardianship Forum, 2019; Chelan Douglas Bar Association, 2018; and Washington Association of Professional Guardians, 2018
- Speaker, Organizing Mom and Dad, Pybus University, 2019
- Author, NCW Community Foundation Give 10 Moment, 2019 and 2020
- Speaker, Communications Skills for Guardians, NCW Statewide Guardianship Forum, 2017
- Speaker, The Ethics of Capacity: What Does RPC 1.14 Allow and Require? King County Bar Association, Guardianship and Elder Law Section, 2017 and Washington State Bar Association, Elder Law Section, 2017
- Speaker, Capacity Issues in Client Relations, Chelan Douglas Bar Association, 2017
- Speaker, Remaining Capacity Within a Guardianship, Helping Guardians Help Incapacitated Persons Make Decisions, Washington State Association of Professional Guardians, 2016 and Chelan Douglas Volunteer Attorney Services CLE Blitz, 2016
- Speaker, Guardianship 101 and How to Avoid It, Blossoms Academy, 2016, and Pybus University, 2016
- Speaker, Ask the Attorney, Health Care Decision Making, Pybus University, 2016
- Tierra Village, Board Member
- Upper Valley Cares, Advisory Council Member
- NCW Estate Planning Council, Member
- NCW Guardianship Forum, Member
- Guardianship Coffee and Cases, Founder
- New Nursing Home Regulations Affect Care Christina Davitt 03/02/2017 Healthcare
- Capacity Issues in Client Relations Christina Davitt 01/10/2017 General
- Law Changed for Reporting Elder Abuse Christina Davitt 08/01/2016 General
- Elder Abuse Reporting Liability Christina Davitt 07/14/2016 General
- Ending the Caregiving Drain: Good for Your Bottom Line Christina Davitt 01/27/2016 General
- Senior Care Facilities: Top 10 Tips to Avoid Litigation Christina Davitt 12/02/2015 General