Amber is a member in the firm’s Business Department and its Tax Practice Group. Her practice includes federal, state and local taxation, general business for public and private sector clients, and estate planning for high net worth individuals, professionals and business owners. Her practice encompasses tax efficient planning for individuals and businesses throughout the entire business lifecycle; defending taxpayers before both the IRS and the Washington Department of Revenue in audits and administrative appeals; wealth transfer planning for high net worth individuals and business owners; tax-exempt organization advice and planning. Her clients include high net worth individuals, business owners, professionals and key employees; closely held corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies; municipalities; and tax-exempt entities including hospitals, schools, other public charities and private foundations.
Since 2014, Amber has also taught “Federal Tax Research and Writing” as a part-time lecturer for the University of Washington School of Law Graduate Tax Program (LL.M.) and “Federal Tax Research and Decision Making” for the Golden Gate University Masters in Taxation program.
Amber received her B.A. in Political Science and Philosophy from the University of Washington in 2001. In 2005, she received concurrent J.D. and M.B.A. degrees from the UW School of Law and the UW Foster Business School, and received an LL.M. in Taxation, also from the UW School of Law, in 2006. During law school, Amber served as a student attorney in the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic at the UW School of Law, a graduate intern with King County Metro Accessible Services and was appointed as a teaching assistant in graduate courses on corporate governance as well as computer programming and technology. Amber was the 2005-2006 recipient of the WSBA Tax Section Scholarship.
Amber is one of six attorneys selected for the 2010-2012 class of ABA Real Property Trust and Estate Section Fellows, and currently serves in several ABA RPTE leadership positions and is an Associate Articles Editor for Probate and Property Magazine. Amber also served on the WSBA Tax Council, including as President of the WSBA Tax Section for 2014-2015.
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- LL.M. in Taxation, University of Washington School of Law
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law
- M.B.A., University of Washington School of Business
- B.A., University of Washington
- Leadership Tomorrow, Class of 2019
- Washington State Bar Association - Taxation Section - President (2014-2015), President Elect (2013-2014), Secretary (2012-2013), Treasurer (2011-2012), Past Chair of the CLE Committee; Business Section, Member; Real Property Probate and Trust Section, Member
- American Bar Association - Real Property Trust and Estate Section - Co-Chair, Business Planning Group, Estate Planning and Administration for Business Owners, Farmers and Ranchers (2016-present), Vice Chair (2012-2015); Associate Articles Editor Probate & Property Magazine (2017-present); Member, Publications Committee (2015-present); Vice-Chair, Young Lawyers Network, Membership Committee (2012-2015); Member, Diversity Standing Committee (2012-present); Fellow (2010-2012): Named one of three Trusts and Estates Fellows for 2010-2012; Tax Section, Member; Business Section, Member
- University of Washington School of Law - Part-Time Lecturer, Federal Income Tax Research and Writing (Winter Quarters, 2014 - present)
- Golden Gate University, Graduate Tax Program - Adjunct Professor, Federal Tax Research and Decision Making (Fall Trimester, 2014 - present)
- Junior League of Seattle - Secretary (2018-2019); Treasurer (2016-2017); Board of Directors (2016-2017, 2018-2019); Diversity Equity and Inclusion Taskforce; Future of Fundraising Taskforce; Chair: Long Term Financial Planning Committee (2016-2017); Past: Treasurer-Elect(2015-2016); Vice Chair, Project Development Committee; Chair Annual Fundraiser (Touch a Truck Event) Committee; Member, Facilities and Contracts Committee
- MBA Women International, Seattle Professional Chapter - Past Director of Membership
- Recognized as Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers, Tax Law, 2021
- Recognized as a Washington "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2010, 2012-present