Litigation Legal Assistant
Ogden Murphy Wallace, P.L.L.C. is seeking a legal assistant to join our litigation practice and support the downtown Seattle team. This is a self-starter position that requires the ability to work independently but also take direction and work within a team dynamic. Candidates must have a strong work ethic, ability to prioritize and manage deadlines, have strong verbal and written communication skills and be detail oriented with excellent proof reading ability.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of five years of litigation experience in the following areas:
- Litigation support (Civil Litigation)
- Filing and e-filing pleadings and other legal documents with the State and Federal courts, including the Court of Appeals
- Maintaining physical and electronic files
- Preparing correspondence, typing and proofing of legal documents
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and aptitude for learning new software (including NetDocs, Adobe, Docusign)
- Maintaining calendars, including docketing, scheduling court dates, appointments, and meetings
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate internally and with clients, potential clients, other counsel, court officials, and messenger services.
Ogden Murphy Wallace offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and Profit-Sharing plan, paid time off, ten paid holidays per year, paid family leave, life insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The compensation range for this position is $60,000 to $85,000 a year. Other compensation includes an annual discretionary profit-sharing contribution and bonus consideration. We encourage professional development by providing programs, training, and opportunities to do interesting work.
Ogden Murphy Wallace is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, vendors and clients. OMW is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Shari Tipp, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901 Fifth Avenue, Suite 3500, Seattle, WA 98164. We look forward to hearing from you!