Christina M. Davitt is of Counsel at Ogden Murphy Wallace PLLC in the Wenatchee office. Her practice focuses on guardianships, elder law and health law. Christina has extensive experience representing families in choosing and implementing estate and end of life plans. She is a Washington State Certified Professional Guardian and a Guardian ad Litem in Title 11 cases. She is a popular speaker on elder law topics including using powers of attorney and guardianships as well as bankruptcy planning.
Christina is originally from New Jersey. She received her J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law where she was a member of the Appellate Advocacy Board. She clerked in the Appellate Division of the State of New Jersey Superior Court and for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey. Christina then worked at two large New Jersey-based firms representing trustees and creditors in complex Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
Prior to her law career, Christina was an accomplished geriatric nurse practitioner. She worked at St. Vincent’s Medical Center in New York City, provided acute care on the inpatient AIDS unit, managed a panel of geriatric patients, provided medical consultation services to the inpatient geriatric psychiatry unit, and served as an associate professor at New York Medical College and New York University School of Nursing teaching geriatric medicine to medical students and geriatric nurse practitioner students.
Upon moving to Wenatchee, Christina opened her own law firm, focusing on consumer bankruptcy, elder law, estate planning and guardianship matters. She completed the Seattle University School of Law Health Law Certificate Program in 2015 in order to use her background as a geriatric nurse practitioner to serve healthcare clients.
- American Bar Association (Health Law, Real Property, Trust and Estates Sections)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Society of Law, Medicine and Ethics
- National Guardianship Association
- Washington Association of Professional Guardians
- Washington State Bar Association (Health Law, Elder Law and Debtor-Creditor Sections)
- Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Health Law Certificate Program, Seattle University School of Law, 2015
- Certified Professional Guardian, Washington State Supreme Court, 2010
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 2005
- M.S.N., Adult/Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, Seton Hall University, 1994
- M.S./R.N., Pace University, 1988
- B.S., Montclair State University. Outdoor Recreation, 1986
- Shifting Rights and Responsibilities: Powers of Attorney and Guardianship
- Capacity Determination and Guardianship
- Estate Planning for Farmers and Ranchers
Professional and Community Activities
- Chelan Douglas Volunteer Attorney Services Board
- Wenatchee Downtown Rotary Club
- Wenatchee Rotary Foundation Board
New Nursing Home Regulations Affect CareChristina Davitt03/02/2017Healthcare
Capacity Issues in Client RelationsChristina Davitt01/10/2017General
Law Changed for Reporting Elder AbuseChristina Davitt08/01/2016General
Elder Abuse Reporting LiabilityChristina Davitt07/14/2016General
Ending the Caregiving Drain: Good for Your Bottom LineChristina Davitt01/27/2016General
Senior Care Facilities: Top 10 Tips to Avoid LitigationChristina Davitt12/02/2015General