Tara is a member of the firm’s Litigation Department and its Employment and Labor Group, for which she also conducts independent workplace misconduct investigations as a licensed private investigator. Before joining Ogden Murphy Wallace, Tara practiced law at two other Seattle law firms, clerked for four judges at the Washington State Court of Appeals, Division One, and worked as a trial consultant on dozens of complex, high-stakes litigation matters. This experience gives her a unique perspective on how litigation and employment issues can play out in a courtroom and the skills to help clients resolve their legal problems in the most efficient and effective manner. Tara works tirelessly to prevent clients from being subject to actual litigation but, when litigation is necessary, clients rest assured knowing she is in their corner.
Tara is a member of the Washington State Bar Association – Litigation Employment Sections; King County Bar Association – Appellate and Labor & Employment Sections; and the Washington Defense Trial Lawyers – Appellate, Insurance, and Employment Sections. She received her J.D. from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and her B.A., cum laude, from Western Washington University in Psychology and Sociology.
- Association of Workplace Investigators
- King County Bar Association - Appellate and Labor & Employment Sections
- Washington State Bar Association - Litigation Section
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers - Employment Section
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1998
- B.A., Western Washington University, Psychology and Sociology, cum laude, 1992
Professional and Community Activities
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers - Amicus Committee (Present)
- Pacific Northwest Network of Forensic Expert Witnesses - Executive Committee (Present)
- Community & Parents for Public Schools of Seattle - Advisory Board of Directors (2011-Present)
- Children’s Trust Foundation - Board of Directors (2009-2011)
- King County Bar Association - Criminal Sentencing Reform Committee (1999-2001)