Shawntá is an associate in the firm’s Healthcare and Business Departments. Her practice focuses on healthcare transactional matters.
Directly following law school, Shawntá clerked for the Honorable Edward W. Bassett (ret.), judge for Maricopa County Superior Court. Prior to joining OMW, she worked at an academic medical center and externed for a major health system where her work focused on numerous health related issues including HIPAA compliance, hospital contracting, and fraud and abuse.
Shawntá received her LL.M. in U.S. Health Law and Policy from the University of Washington School of law where she achieved the top GPA. She earned her law degree at Phoenix School of Law and received her bachelor’s degree from Arizona State University.
- Washington State Bar
- Colorado State Bar
- Arizona State Bar
- U.S. District Court of Arizona
- LL.M., University of Washington School of Law, U.S. Health Law & Policy, 2018
- J.D., Phoenix School of Law, 2009
- B.A., Arizona State University, Justice Studies, 2006
Professional and Community Activities
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Washington State Bar Health Law Section
- Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- King County Neighborhood Legal Clinic (2015 – 2018)