With more than 43 years of practicing law, Bob has accumulated a wealth of experience through representing clients in litigation, business, and real estate matters. His practice focuses primarily on representing business owners and real estate developers, lenders, and contractors. Bob also assists clients with planning their long-term business strategies, negotiating business transactions, structuring and documenting corporations and other business transactions, drafting and reviewing contracts and financing documentation, and consummating purchases and sales of assets, services, and businesses.
Bob has extensive experience in business and intellectual property matters, including spin-off structuring, licensing and manufacturing agreements, international sales, strategic alliances, non-compete agreements, acquisitions, mergers, shareholders’ agreements, marketing agreements, LLC formation, and stock option agreements.
Bob is a frequent author and lecturer on business-related issues.
- King County Bar Association
- J.D., Georgetown University, 1974
- B.A., Gettysburg College, 1971
Professional and Community Activities
- Greater Seattle Chapter of the American Jewish Committee - Former President
- Municipal League Foundation – Former President
- Central Waterfront Committee formed by Seattle City Council - Member
- Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer review as BV® Distinguished™ 4.4 out of 5.*
- Rated by Avvo as 8.7 "Excellent"
- DGHI Enterprises v. Pacific Cities, Inc., et al., 137 Wn.2d 933, 977 P.2d 1231 (1999) (commercial landlord's $400,000 civil fraud claim remanded for retrial after original trial judge died before entering findings and judgment)