Robert G. André, a Member, is a senior litigation and business attorney in the firm. His practice emphasizes complex products liability and toxic tort cases and commercial litigation.
Mr. André handles a wide range of litigation matters, including insurance coverage, code enforcement actions, real property and land use, commercial litigation, medical malpractice, products liability, toxic torts, environmental and regulation issues, and criminal cases, including arsons. In the area of toxic tort litigation, he handles major cases involving asbestos, silica, PCBs, dioxin, pesticides, formaldehyde, chlorine, lead, isocyanates, solvents, landfill wastes and environmental pollution.
Mr. André also advises clients on many types of business transactions, including contracts, leases, incorporations, tax matters, liens and collections, unfair business practices, employment discrimination suits, insurance claims, environmental clean-ups, secured transactions and regulatory compliance actions.
Mr. André regularly appears as a guest speaker and lecturer on current legal and medical topics. He has also authored a multitude of articles encompassing a vast array of legal issues.
Mr. André was born in 1947 in Vienna, Austria. He received his undergraduate degree summa cum laude from Princeton University in 1969 and his law degree from Columbia University in 1972. He is admitted to practice law in Washington, Colorado, New York and New Jersey.
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Associatio
- Federal Bar Association
- J.D., Columbia University Law School, 1972
- A.B., summa cum laude, Princeton University, 1969
Professional and Community Activities
- Washington State and American Bar Associations
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Avoiding Vicarious Liability For Holiday Season Parties: Drinking and Driving
- What You Thought Was A Deal Might Not Be – What Every Business Should Know About Oral Contracts
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements
- Corporate “Housekeeping”
- Contracts–And Why You Need One
- Have You Ever Had a Legal Audit on Your Business?
- Product Liability Actions in Washington State
- Asset Purchase Agreements