Robert G. André, a Member, is a senior litigation and business attorney in the firm. His practice emphasizes complex products liability and toxic tort cases and commercial litigation.
Mr. André handles a wide range of litigation matters, including insurance coverage, code enforcement, real property and land use, commercial litigation, medical malpractice, products liability, toxic torts, environmental and regulation issues, and criminal cases. In the area of toxic tort litigation, he handles major cases involving asbestos, silica, PCBs, dioxin, pesticides, formaldehyde, chlorine, lead, isocyanates, solvents, landfill wastes and environmental pollution.
Mr. André also advises clients on many types of business transactions, including contracts, leases, incorporations, tax matters, liens and collections, unfair business practices, employment discrimination suits, insurance claims, environmental clean-ups, secured transactions and regulatory compliance actions.
Mr. André regularly appears as a guest speaker and lecturer on current legal and medical topics. He has also authored a multitude of articles encompassing a vast array of legal issues.
Mr. André was born in 1947 in Vienna, Austria. He received his undergraduate degree summa cum laude from Princeton University in 1969 and his law degree from Columbia University in 1972. He is admitted to practice law in Washington, Colorado, New York and New Jersey.
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Federal Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- J.D., Columbia University Law School, 1972
- A.B., Princeton University, summa cum laude, 1969
Professional and Community Activities
- Legal Action Center
- Avoiding Vicarious Liability For Holiday Season Parties: Drinking and Driving
- What You Thought Was A Deal Might Not Be – What Every Business Should Know About Oral Contracts
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements
- Corporate “Housekeeping”
- Contracts–And Why You Need One
- Have You Ever Had a Legal Audit on Your Business?
- Product Liability Actions in Washington State
- Asset Purchase Agreements