Jennifer’s environmental practice involves representing public and private entities in regulatory matters. She counsels clients in matters concerning CERCLA, the Model Toxics Control Act, Clean Water Act, the Clean Air Act, SEPA/NEPA, water rights, environmental insurance claims, and environmental claims in bankruptcy.
Jennifer currently represents clients at large, multi-party sites under CERCLA, and state environmental cleanup laws, including contaminated sediment sites and landfills. She has extensive experience in site remediation, cost allocation among responsible parties and natural resource damages.
In addition, Jennifer assists Indian Tribes in developing tribal environmental program capacity and enforcement capabilities, and litigates on behalf of clients to defend against threats to treaty-protected natural resources.
- Washington State Bar Association, Environmental & Land Use Section; Indian Law
- American Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law, cum laude, 2002
- B.A., The George Washington University, 1992
Professional and Community Activities
- Mother Attorney Mentoring Association of Seattle, Secretary
- University Cooperative School Board, Secretary
- Recognized as a Washington "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2008-2012
- Defended clients served with notices of violations, under CWA, CAA and similar permits resulting in reduced penalties
- Representing clients at two major contaminated sediments, Portland Harbor and Lower Duwamish Waterway
- Representing client at the Pasco Landfill, the second-highest priority hazardous substance cleanup site in Washington state
- Negotiated relevant agencies’ voluntary and involuntary orders related to site investigations and remedial actions conducted under state and federal law.
- Served as common counsel to large PRP groups at Superfund and state cleanup sites
- Responded to EPA information requests under CERCLA.
- Secured environmental insurance coverage for clients
- Pursued clients' environmental claims in bankruptcy matters
- Represented Indian Tribe in multi-party settlement of water right claim
- Assisted Indian Tribe with Treatment As States application under CWA
- Drafted hazardous substance control acts for Indian Tribes