James “Jim” Haney, a Member and former chair of the firm’s Municipal practice area, focuses his practice on all facets of municipal representation, ranging from land use to personnel to public works construction. He practices extensively in the area of condemnation and land acquisition for the various cities the firm represents and has assisted several incorporation efforts.
Jim is a member of the Washington State Association of Municipal Attorneys (WSAMA) and has been a lecturer before the Association of Washington Cities Planning and Zoning Institute.
Jim has been named to the Washington Super Lawyers list by Super Lawyers magazine multiple times since 2003.
Jim was born in Renton, Washington in 1955. He graduated magna cum laude from the University of Washington in 1977 with a B.A. in Political Science and received his J.D. from the University of Washington School of Law in 1980.
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 1980
- B.A., University of Washington, magna cum laude, 1977
Professional and Community Activities
- Washington State Association of Municipal Attorneys
- Liability for Inmate Suicide
- Resignation of Elected Officials – Effective Date (Munroe v. City of Poulsbo)