The Employment and Labor Law Practice Group provides extensive dispute resolution services for employers, ranging from representing employers in negotiations to defending them in litigation. The following are examples of some of the most commonly requested dispute resolution services that Ogden Murphy Wallace, P.L.L.C. provides to employers:
- Defending employers regarding employee grievances, including arbitrations.
- Defending employers in court or other legal proceedings from claims for sexual harassment, discrimination (age, race, sex, disability, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, etc.), civil rights violations, breach of contract, wrongful termination, wage and hour claims and other employment-related claims, and workplace violence issues.
- Assisting employers in responding to complaints filed with agencies such as the EEOC, Washington State Human Rights Commission, Department of Labor, Office of Civil Rights, and other state, local and federal agencies.
- Negotiating with employee’s attorneys to resolve discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment, wage and hour or other employment-related claims.
- Bringing suit on behalf of employers to stop employees from improperly using trade secrets or trade names, and from interfering with the employer’s contracts or business relations with customers or vendors.
- Representing employers in unemployment hearings.
- Working through reasonable accommodation issues under the ADA and state disabilities laws.
- Investigating workplace issues such as discrimination, harassment, theft, workplace violence, conflicts of interest, whistleblower complaints and fraud, and offering suggestions for appropriate discipline and/or prevention of future occurrences.
- Representing employers on appeals of employee claims.
For more information, call Karen Sutherland at (206) 447-7000 in Seattle or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. In Wenatchee, call Gil Sparks at (509) 662-1954 or e-mail him at email@example.com.