OMW provides a full range of services related to the formation of business entities. Our clients range from small closely held partnerships and family businesses to large corporations, limited liability companies and non-profit organizations. The following are examples of some of the most common business formation services that OMW provides to its business clients:
- Structuring business entities, including corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies
- Advising on corporate governance issues
- Advice on employment matters, including duties of directors and corporate officers, employment and compensation agreements and employee benefits
- Drafting and reviewing documents for real estate transactions including purchase and sale agreements, leases, and loan transactions
- Providing advice on tax and antitrust matters related to business planning
- Serving as a corporation’s registered agent and maintaining corporate records
- Assisting in shareholder matters, including drafting shareholder agreements, stock plans, stock issuance and transfers, stock redemption agreements and shareholder meetings
Range of Services Offered:
Choice of Entity
As part of the full range of business services OMW offers its clients, OMW assists clients in choosing the most suitable legal structure for its business needs. OMW has experience in advising clients about the advantages, disadvantages and tax implications of various business structures, including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and sole proprietorships. OMW counsels clients in choosing a business entity structure that meets the clients’ needs and goals based on factors such as business purpose, size and tax implications. We assist clients in drafting organizational documents, complying with tax and other federal and state filing requirements, business name registration and trademark and copyright protection.
For young and small businesses, OMW recognizes that they face unique legal issues and challenges. OMW has experience in advising young and small businesses on these issues and often assists such clients with defining a corporate structure, complying with local, state and federal filing requirements, and obtaining other business services. Then, as these businesses expand, OWM’s wide range of legal services can help a growing company with its changing legal needs, including helping with financing transactions, developing strategic partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, and changing employment issues.
Planning for Joint Ventures and Partnerships
OMW also assists larger businesses with the complex legal issues facing them. OMW has experience helping clients structure and plan for joint ventures and complex partnerships, address tax implications of such entities and negotiate complex agreements involving multiple parties.